Valdorian Age - Rising Power on the Frontier
1023 VA VAnquished's Month 14 Gazette
- A ship from Ureth-Kalai came to port last week. Two very large crates were loaded onto the ship. The ship’s captain took 30 slaves on board. The Port Authority would not allow anyone from the Ureth-Kalai ship to leave the ship. All transactions were done on board ship. Even so a large angry crowd gathered nearby who is sure that the Ureth-Kalai are behind the Slayer of Women crimes.
- Barge traffic on both The Serpentine (Cynthian Plains) and The Worm River (Elweir City) have increased, which is normal for this time of year.
- A great deal of iron ore is coming from County of Sincerre. The miners have recently found a new vein of iron.
- The Duchy of Elan has stopped sending weapons, considered some of the finest weapons in The Frontier, in the last month.
Theft and burglary has dropped off dramatically in Uphill West. A number of ‘thieves’ were recently found in Uphill West stabbed through their left eye with a stiletto and a small card that had a black shield on it.
Slayer of Women
- Victim’s families have put together a large reward to find the killer.
- Response in town
- There was a mob last week that cornered a man the mob suspected of being the killer. They thought he was a the killer because he carried a number of large sharp knives and had blood stains on his shirt. Fortunately the guard intervened because the man was actually a worker at a slaughterhouse in Lowtown.
- The local guard is ‘questioning’ all young men (15 to 25) to see if they are involved. The guard has also been confiscating any knives, daggers or other short blades from anyone suspicious.
Fire in [[Snake’s Den | Snake’s Den]]
- A barge loaded with supplies for the forts Duke Lothar Coeur’s men was sunk in The Serpentine (Cynthian Plains). Nearby a wall was painted with “Duke Go Home. Unwelcome Visitors.” It took over a week to perform the salvage and clear that part of the river.
Piracy on The Serpentine (Cynthian Plains)
There has been an increase of piracy south on The Serpentine (Cynthian Plains). Barge captains are hiring more “marines” to protect their cargoes.
- Villages along the Mad River have the plague
- The Ubund Family has a new advisor. This reporter has not yet meet the gentleman but has heard that he is a very wise man.
- Sir Fleming Esprit recently found his family crest and seal after they had been missing for months.
- The entertainer and owner of the Carry n’ Crawler, Aliella Gyneth has been missing for a couple of months. Some believe she is off entertaining Count Wolfling Nor‘s court in County of Norland. Others believe she has disappeared to avoid massive debts that the Carry n’ Crawler has accumulated. Finally a few believe she was killed by the Slayer of Women and her body was swept down The Serpentine River (Elweir City).
- A sea chest full of books and maps was sold at the Blindman’s Book Shop recently. It said the maps and books contain the wonders of the world.