Valdorian Age - Rising Power on the Frontier
1023 VA Wanderer's Month 14 Gazette
- The Port Authority at Caravan’s Rest is reported that the tax issue was resolved without incident.
- A ship from Ureth-Kalai came to port last week. Two very large crates were loaded onto the ship. The ship’s captain took 30 slaves on board.
- The Colorful Smoke reports there has been a sharp increase in business since there have been no more strange deaths attributed to the Quiet Smoke.
- Barge traffic on both The Serpentine (Cynthian Plains) and The Worm River (Elweir City) have increased, which is normal for this time of year.
- The strawberry season has started. Many taverns and eateries have begun to serve many of the desserts which are famous this time of year.
Residents of Uphill West are agitating that the local guard do more to stop thieves from Lowtown stealing in Uphill West. They want the practice of maiming thieves when they are caught to be the regular practice rather than accepting a bribe.
Slayer of Women
- Pelran Family is offering a reward for the capture and conviction of the killer of their daughter Elance Pelran who was found dead during Philosopher’s Month
- The wife of a merchant from Gibberish was found dead by the river. She was killed in the same manner as other women have been.
- A young woman from Lowtown was found dead near the river as well.
Fire in [[Snake’s Den | Snake’s Den]]
- A large amount of supplies for the forts Duke Lothar Coeur’s men are building along the The Serpentine (Cynthian Plains) were destroyed recently. Nearby a wall was painted with “Duke Go Home. Unwelcome Visitors.”
Piracy on The Serpentine (Cynthian Plains)
There has been an increase of piracy south on The Serpentine (Cynthian Plains). Barge captains are hiring more “marines” to protect their cargoes.